Written by Julcee Arendaying on September 17, 2019
4 Reasons Why Social Media Is More Relevant than Traditional MediaApp
Ever since social media took over, life has never been the same. Major changes have been made– from the way we communicate up to the way we present ourselves.
Its also affecting the traditional media, which consists of Print, Radio, TVs, etc.
People are no longer spending their time watching TV. They always spend their time on their phones. They’re busy viewing the latest memes, chatting with their friends on the messenger, and comment heart emojis to their flings. If they want to read something, they’ll turn to blogs.
We’re submerged with our smartphones and with that, companies are also leveling up their marketing game as they build their brands on social media platforms.
Now one might wonder, how did these social media platforms take some of the most-relevant media forms? Here are the 4 reasons why.
4 Reasons Why Social Media Is More Relevant than Traditional Media
Here’s a quick rundown of the 4 reasons. For an in-depth discussion, scroll down for more.
- Content is Available Anytime
- Interaction Spices Everything Up
- Becoming a Star is Easier
- It’s Cheaper
#1: Content is Available Anytime
With traditional media, content is not immediate.
If you want to watch a TV show, you need to wait for the scheduled viewing. If you’re trying to know about a certain event, you need to wait for the morning or nightly news. You can also purchase a newspaper or listen to the radio, but then again, you still need to wait and prepare.
On the other hand, social network platforms provide limitless content– from photos, videos, live streams, writings, etc.
#2: Interaction Spices Everything Up
Traditional media has a passive approach to showing content. TVs show you something, and that’s it. No real-time interaction with the viewers except for the audiences. But with social media, there’s a comment section. People also have different group chats on messenger just to discuss current events, pop culture, etc.
#3: Becoming a Star is Easier
If you want to be a TV/Movie Star, you have to join contests, reality shows, become friends with some managers, or simply be breathtakingly gorgeous.
Want to be popular on social media? You can post a series of videos and become viral. No need to fall in line for auditions. You just need to be creative enough to create viral-worthy content.
#4: It’s Cheaper
If you want a variety of content with traditional media, you have to pay for devices as well as subscriptions. You have to pay for the radio, newspaper subscriptions, Cable TV Bills, etc.
With social media and the internet. You’ll just need a smartphone. That’s it.
And there you go, the 4 reasons why social media is becoming more relevant. Share your thoughts by linking this article on your social profiles.
- 50 Slang Words to Use When Messaging a Millennial
- Think Twice When Adding these People on your Social Profile
- The Secret to Get More Followers on Social Networking Platforms
- Healthy Habits to Teach Kids with About Social Media
- How to Spot a Catfish
- Should you make your relationship “Social Media Official”?
- Never Post these 5 Types of Photos on Social Media Apps
- 7 Signs You’re Chatting a Catfish | Social Networking Tips
- 45 Caption Ideas for Selfies | Photo Sharing Tips
- 4 Reasons Why Social Media Is More Relevant than Traditional Media
- 5 Ways to Attract Followers to your Social Networking Profile
- 6 Simple Yet Effective Tips When Responding to Social Media Comments