Written by Julcee Arendaying on September 3, 2019
6 Simple Yet Effective Tips When Responding to Social Media CommentsTips
There’s no such thing as an art of responding to social media comments. You can’t just use a reply template and call it a day. People are unpredictable and may comment on anything they want under the sun. With this, being prepared is the key.
And to keep you prepared, here are 6 simple tips when responding to comments on social media. This will come in handy for aspiring social media influencers, social media managers, or for those who just want to be guided with their personal profile.
Tips when replying to social media comments
For those looking for quick insights, here’s the quick version:
- Don’t be inconsistent with your replies.
- Reply as fast as you can
- React Instead of Reply
- Spam Comments? Delete and Report
- Deal with Negative Comments Maturely
- If possible, make your replies funny
For further information with these tips, read below.
#1: Don’t be inconsistent with your replies.
Be aware of what you respond to people on social network apps. You can’t just tell someone that “I lost 10 pounds” and then “I’m shedding up to 14 pounds” at two different comments. You will just lose your audience’s trust because of this.
Also, if you’re handling a business page, stay with the company’s brand and tone. If the company doesn’t incorporate humor on their brand, then don’t just send out witty replies just for the sake of being “funny”.
#2: Reply as fast as you can
To keep the engagement going, it’s better to reply to comments that are posted just a few minutes ago. In that way, your audience feels that you also consider their thoughts too.
#3: React Instead of Reply on Certain Comments
There are comments that are not worth replying to. Examples for this are one-liners, emojis, memes, and other comments unrelated to your post. In this case, you can simply react to the comments, as this will save you time without letting your followers down.
#4: Spam Comments? Delete and Report
Of course, there are these annoying spam comments. These comments usually contain the following: “Business” Opportunities, Chain comments (yes this still exists), and random links that usually contain a virus. With this type of comment, you can simply delete this and report as spam.
#5: Deal with Negative Comments Maturely
Instead of fighting back and be all-out sassy to the commenter, go for a mature approach and address their concerns properly. You can also message them privately regarding the matter.
On the other hand, if the negative comments come from a troll, the best thing to do is to delete the comment and block the troll.
#6: If possible, Make your Replies Funny
As long as this goes along with your company or personal brand, you can try putting up funny replies to certain comments. This will make you more approachable and more authentic. One of the best examples for this is Wendy’s Twitter account.
- How to use social media in a healthy way
- 8 Types of Relationship Posts You Should Never Post
- Psychology Behind Social Media Sharing
- Here are the Social Media Trends this 2019
- Are you aware of these social media dating terms?
- In a social media crisis? Do these 6 things
- 7 Signs You’re Chatting a Catfish | Social Networking Tips
- 45 Caption Ideas for Selfies | Photo Sharing Tips
- 4 Reasons Why Social Media Is More Relevant than Traditional Media
- 5 Ways to Attract Followers to your Social Networking Profile
- 6 Simple Yet Effective Tips When Responding to Social Media Comments