Written by Julcee Arendaying on October 21, 2019
6 Tips to Create an Attractive Profile Picture for Social Media AppsPortrait . Tips
If you want to attract more followers and visitors on social media apps, you must have an engaging profile picture. It’s one of the first things people see when checking out your account.
Now, there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ profile picture, but there are ways you can make your photo like-worthy and follow-worthy.
With that, here are the 6 tips to create an attractive display picture for social media apps. By following these tips, you could increase your followers, visibility, and overall engagement on social media apps.
6 Tips to Create an Attractive Profile Picture for Social Media Apps
Here’s a quick rundown of the 6 tips. For further discussion, scroll down for more.
- Use a High-Quality Camera
- Find a Well-Lit Location
- Go for a Simple Background
- Know your Best Angles
- Neat and Clean Wins
- Minimal Editing
#1: Use a High-Quality Camera
When taking a profile photo for your social media apps, you should be using the best camera that’s available. You may have the best location, outfit, or makeup, but if your camera couldn’t fully capture those things, then it’s going to pretty much pointless.
#2: Find a Well-lit Location
Lighting is essential when taking a photo for a social network app, particularly with a portrait. That’s why when trying to take a possible display picture, go for a location that has balanced lighting– not too strong nor dark. If possible, go for natural light since it shows the colors vibrantly and lessens your need to filter it out.
#3: Go for a Simple Background
There’s nothing wrong with a landscape or patterned background for a profile photo. However, it could take away the attention to the subject. With this, it’s better to go for a simple background. If you think a simple wall background is dull, you can still spice it up with colored and textured walls.
#4: Know Your Best Angles
There are certain angles that can emphasize our best features. Consider those best angles when taking a profile picture for your social networking account. You can also take selfies first to know your best side.
#5: Neat and Clean Wins
At times, you don’t necessarily need heavy makeup for a profile photo. A simple yet neat profile picture will suffice for your social media apps. With this, make sure that your face, clothes, and hair are spotless before uploading that new display picture.
#6: Minimal Editing
You don’t necessarily have to have major edits on your photo, but if amping up the contrast or minimizing the brightness can enhance the profile picture, then go for it. Also, you can connect with a friend on messenger and ask his/her initial opinion of your profile picture.
You May Also Like:
- Conversation Starters to Use for Instant Messaging
- Messaging Scams To Look Out For
- What is Sharenting? Are Parents Sharing too Much on Social Media?
- Your Social Media Habits, According to Your Zodiac Sign
- Are chatting a Catfish? Check out for these Signs
- Types of Influencers You Should Be Working With
- Photo Sharing Apps Like Instagram Everyone’s Raving About
- How to Promote your Event on Social Media
- Healthy Ways to use Social Networking Apps
- EyesUP: Is this the Best New Photo Sharing App this 2019?
- 6 Tips to Create an Attractive Profile Picture for Social Media Apps
- 7 Signs You’re Chatting a Catfish | Social Networking Tips
- 45 Caption Ideas for Selfies | Photo Sharing Tips
- 4 Reasons Why Social Media Is More Relevant than Traditional Media